The Rupp Method℠
- A multi-sensory accent training method which teaches you to hear the difference, see the difference, and feel the difference between sounds
- Focuses on articulation, intonation/melody, and stress patterns
- Teaches you how to identify sounds in words using spelling patterns
- Uses a hierarchical training sequence to move you successfully from single words to conversational speech
- Incorporates grammar, vocabulary, and natural phrasing refinement into pronunciation training activities
- Includes extensive practice materials and detailed, customized homework plans to build your accuracy and confidence
The Rupp Method℠ addresses the key problem non-native speakers of English face, which is that they can’t hear the difference between the sounds they are producing and the sounds they should be producing. If you can’t hear the difference, you won’t be able to accurately produce the difference. That’s why the Rupp Method℠ teaches you to hear the difference, see the difference, and feel the difference between sounds. Our systematic, intensive approach is designed to move you to full independence; our goal is for you to confidently and accurately use the sounds and sound patterns of American English on your own, long after you have finished the course.
With the Rupp Method℠, you will learn how small adjustments of the tongue and lips can dramatically enhance your overall sound and the ease with which others can understand you. You will also learn American English stress and intonation patterns that will prevent misunderstandings and help you make your point clearly.
Of course, any great training course must also involve frequent, structured practice on the student’s part. Will you improve without practicing? If you attend sessions regularly, yes, but you will not improve at the same rate as someone who puts time, energy, and focus into their practice.
To make practicing even easier and even more effective, we now offer all individual training program students a temporary subscription to Englission, our new e-learning platform. Englission was designed to enhance the quality of our students’ practice and to allow them easy access to practice materials on the go. Each of our students also receives a physical copy of our full, detailed training book and downloadable audio files. Our passion for teaching American English shows in the quality of our training materials. We are dedicated not just to teaching, but to teaching in the best way possible for student success.
Give us a call to discuss our training programs and how we can take your communication skills to the next level.